(mostly) Only in Haiti…
- Do people dance in the heat. I get dancing in the rain, but around here, when anyone is singing dancing is the norm. Maybe it isn’t the heat that stops me joining in, maybe I was Baptist too long.
- Are car horns more necessary than mirrors.
3. Do the dogs love to play on the trampoline.
4. Does the “bad part of town” change daily.
5. Is it impossible to completely put on a pair of latex gloves. Buy them 3 sizes too big and blow them up a thousand times, they still won’t go over your sweat-sticky palms. If you get your fingers half way in, call it victory.
6. Do you have to look up while working on a car. I was working on the Rav4 when I realized I had parked it under a 40ft coconut tree heavy with ripe fruit. Hail damage has nothing on coconuts and how do you explain a concussion while changing oil?
7. Do people look so mean, and then with a wave or a smile look back so friendly.
8. Do the best artists use taxis for their canvas (tap-taps).
9. Do you have the best mangos, avocados, bananas, and pineapple on the planet.
10. Can you so quickly realize what is important in life—and what isn’t.